Requesting a Bond Reduction | Andrew Sorrentino Legal

601-695-7765 | | 106 S. President St. Suite 310, Jackson, MS 39201

Law Office of Andrew Sorrentino, P.L.L.C

Requesting a Bond Reduction

Being arrested is a life changing experience. Often times individuals are able to make bail/bond fairly easy and can get back into their normal routine until trial. But what do you do if you bail/bond is so high that you are unable to make it?

Your first step is hiring an attorney (or using the Public Defender) who can file a Motion for Bond Reduction in the court that issued your bond. The matter is then set for a separate hearing.

Most times the Prosecutor and Defense Attorney can agree on an amount that you can actually afford to pay, but if an agreement isn’t possible the Judge will decide (why they get paid the big bucks!). Most times the bond is lowered to an amount where the Defendant can get out and they simply await trial.

If you or a loved one are facing criminal charges and are looking for a private attorney please contact our office as soon as possible. We can be reached at (601) 695-7765.